Natural stone is a beautiful choice for homeowners seeking to improve the appearance of their home. In particular, natural stone driveways and wall cladding can be both beautiful and practical, greatly enhancing the overall curb appeal of a property.
If you intend to install or replace a natural stone driveway or wall cladding in the near future, you will need to ensure you find the right natural stone for your project. Below, we have looked at some of the reasons natural stone is such a beneficial choice and provided a few hints and tips as to how to find the best stone for your project.
Natural Stone Pavers for Driveways
A driveway is primarily used to store vehicles but also plays an essential role in a property’s “curb appeal”. Driveways can be made of almost any material, but natural stone offers many benefits, including – but not limited to – the following:
- Strong: Natural stone pavers are laid individually, which allows the overall finished driveway to support more weight than a single surface of the concrete without cracking. This consideration is particularly relevant if you have a larger vehicle such as an RV or boat.
- Easy to Maintain: When your natural stone driveway has been installed, and polymeric sand added to fill in the joint spaces, that’s it! Natural stone such as granite cobbles and limestone pavers are often millions of years old and were formed by extreme heat and pressure. Their beauty will surely last many more lifetimes!
- Wide Variety Available: There are countless driveway stone pavers available, we even have real street cobbles from the historic roads of San Francisco. In addition, we have Travertine, Limestone, Granite, Sandstone, Quartzite and more! As a result, you should be confident about finding a stone that will suit your preferences.
- Color Variations: Choosing a natural stone for your driveway provides the opportunity to explore a range of color options, so you can find a suitable match for your existing exterior elements. You can also use stone pavers to create a pattern on your driveway, which can significantly improve an otherwise purely functional part of your home. Add a bit of your own style!
Natural Stone Wall Cladding
Natural stone wall cladding is a thin layer of stone that can be applied over almost any surface. The most obvious application is to the exterior of a property, but natural stone can also be used for a number of exterior construction projects, such as retaining walls, outdoor fireplaces, and planter boxes. In fact, you can even use natural stone cladding internally if you are looking to achieve a look of timeless elegance. In addition to its variety of uses, the benefits of natural stone wall cladding include:
- Resilience: Natural stone is highly resilient, with the stones capable of withstanding years of use without showing any signs of wear and tear.
- Unique Effect: Natural stone is, by its very nature, incredibly unique; no two stones are alike, which guarantees that the finished result will be individual to your property.
- Timeless Classic to Modern Contemporary: Natural stone cladding, also known as Thin Veneer Stone, has enjoyed tremendous popularity since the times of the Romans due to its beauty, durability, and low maintenance requirements. But new cutting technology has allowed for many new styles of stone to be used in more Contemporary design with clean straight lines in a huge variety of color and texture. Stonewall cladding has always been seen as a beautiful, timeless, rustic, chic, and now a contemporary choice that significantly improves the aesthetic appeal of a property.
- R.O.I. = Return on Investment: Most common types of wall cladding are just that; common. Natural stone cladding, however, is far more distinctive, which can really help your home to stand out as one of the most recognizable – and style-conscious – properties in your area. Ask any realtor and they will confirm that Real Stone will add Real Value to your home…up to 10X return your initial investment!!
Tips for Choosing the Best Natural Stone Pavers for Your Home
- Think About Longevity: One of the benefits of natural stone is that, when used correctly, it should last for a long time. However, some natural stones – such as limestone and Quartzite – are more robust than others, which could be a worthwhile consideration if you’re hoping to achieve a transformation that will last for many years to come.
- Consider the Rest of Your Property: When choosing natural stone, it is helpful to step back from your property and consider how each stone will work with the overall design. Pay particular attention to the color of the natural stones you choose, ensuring that you select a stone that does not clash with other elements of your home; for example, the brickwork or garden walls.
- Consult the Experts: If you have read through the above and are still not sure which natural stone is most suited to your purposes, then it is best to ask your paver supplier for a specific recommendation. Natural stone driveways and wall claddings are an investment in the future of your property, so it is important to ensure you are 100% satisfied with the pavers you select. You can always order samples or come view the extensive stock available at Central Home Supply’s two locations.
Choose Central Home Supply as Your Natural Stone Supplier
If you are planning to install or replace your natural stone driveway or wall cladding, then Central Home Supply can help. As a leading natural stone and concrete supplier, you can be sure to find the perfect product for your needs by browsing our wide range of options. Our stock is always changing, so what you see online is only a fraction of what we have available! We often have clients bring us photos of a style that they like, and then help them find a matching product. With over 35 years of experience, we know almost every quarry in the country and have many samples at the store to help you find the perfect stone for your project. If you have any further queries regarding natural stone products or wish to place an order, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us today.